Assess. Design. Transform. Manage.
No matter what technology area your organization is evaluating, a proven process and methodology that focus on your unique environment and requirements is the best path to success. When you partner with IDS, you’ll benefit from a methodical approach followed on every engagement.
The Proven, Four-Phase IDS Methodology
We understand that your challenges and business goals are unique, which is why our assess-design-transform-manage methodology is always customized according to distinct business and technical needs.
- Begins with a detailed assessment of your current environment.
- Leverages the experience of industry experts who have been designing and maintaining enterprise-class solutions for decades.
- Focuses on best-of-breed technologies from leading manufacturers as well as private, public, and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Takes a highly collaborative approach with IDS subject matter experts working together with your team to design the perfect solution.
Each of the four phases includes a proven set of tasks and deliverables that are critical for success and lasting results.
We start by listening and understanding your focus areas
In order to design the perfect solution, it is critical that we understand your business needs and your existing infrastructure. Our team utilizes a variety of questionnaires, interviews and assessment tools to ensure we have a complete understanding of your current state. Some of the items included:
- A detailed technical analysis of your technology environment, looking at all variables, including server, storage, backup, network and more
- An exploration of all relevant financial factors that impact the project
- Understanding your organizational structure, workflows, security requirements and goals
- Working with key stakeholders to identify your business drivers and focus areas, as well as risks, constraints, budgets and timelines
We begin to construct a roadmap that leads you where you want to be
Using the data gathered in the assessment phase, we work collaboratively with your team to select the best technologies to build your ideal solution. Expert IDS engineers bring decades of industry experience to this process.
- Discussion surrounding private, public, and hybrid cloud options
- Review of best-of-breed technologies across multiple manufacturers
- Insight into cutting-edge technologies tested out in the IDS Cloud Integration Lab
- Proof of concept/pilot services as necessary
- Architecture and integration experience across multiple manufacturers and with existing platforms
We work collaboratively with your team to ensure successful delivery of the solution
Designing the perfect solution is only the beginning. The success of any transformative project hinges on the ability to fully integrate the solution. The IDS team provides the following collaborative team as necessary:
- Project management to ensure structure and accountability to the project plan
- Consultants to help align the technology solution to the identified business requirements
- Architects to maintain the integrity of the designed solution
- Implementation engineers to work with your team to deploy and integrate the solution
Ensuring your success moving forward
The final phase ensures you have all the knowledge, documentation, and project deliverables to guarantee your future success. This will enable you to effectively manage the environment moving forward, and includes optional ongoing managed services from IDS experts. This final phase includes:
- Knowledge transfer from the IDS team prior to finalizing the deployment
- Documentation of pertinent information to ensure your team is fully empowered to manage the solution moving forward
- Optional turnkey IDS managed services offerings to provide monitoring, support, and management of the solution from IDS’s 24×7 Network Operations Center
- Access to the IDS team of experts after the project in the case of follow-up questions or issues