1 Path & 7 Benefits to Getting Hyper Cloud Connected
Ever feel like today’s migration to cloud services is an exclusive party? Does it seem as though big enterprises and global powerhouses with vast resources are the only ones invited? Well get off the proverbial couch and get ready to party like it’s 2016 because when it comes to the cloud (and all the efficiency and opportunities it offers businesses) everyone is invited. Unless you’ve decided you’d rather be disrupted than be a disruptor, staying home is not an option.
Show Up or Fall Behind
Today’s digitally driven business world requires a whole new level of computing capabilities. Why? Because the data and the tools we use to share, store and analyze it are expanding and evolving at phenomenal rates. Consider this recent prediction from Cisco’s global IP traffic forecast, the Visual Networking Index (VNI): “Global IP traffic will pass the zettabyte (1000 exabytes) threshold by the end of 2016, and will reach 2 zettabytes per year by 2019.” Additionally, the VNI forecasts that global mobile data traffic will “increase nearly eightfold between 2015 and 2020” and achieve a compound annual growth rate of 53 percent. To compete in a market where so much data moves so fast, businesses from large to very small, need access to high speed, hyperscale computing and connectivity capabilities. You need to get to the hyperscale party and IDS knows the way.
Introducing the IDS Cloud Hub
To give businesses a high-speed, low-cost and private gateway directly to today’s expanding universe of hyperscale cloud computing providers, IDS has developed the IDS Cloud Hub powered by Equinix. Far quicker than a costly traditional VPN connection, the IDS Cloud Hub is a private and lightning-fast entry point from your business to any of today’s 350 to 400 different hyperscale cloud serve providers. Whether your business is looking to engage cloud leaders (like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform), connect with SaaS enterprise providers (like Salesforce and Foursquare) or leverage data streaming services (like Netflix and Hulu), the IDS Cloud Hub offers the secure, direct and rapid connectivity.
Most businesses today are still defining how and where they will access and work in the cloud. They have many questions: How will we migrate applications to the cloud efficiently and fast? How will we maintain control of applications and ensure we are not blindsided by unpredictable cloud costs and fees? How can we take advantage of the economies of scale hyperscale cloud services can deliver? IDS introduced the IDS Cloud Hub as a way to give businesses access to all the cloud possibilities without locking them into one solution or provider. In fact, the IDS Cloud Hub is about taking advantage of all the possibilities, whether connecting your business to multiple cloud providers or just one.
Seven Benefits of Connecting Now
Many IT and businesses leaders may still argue that they are not ready to join the cloud party. “We don’t know what we want to do in the cloud yet. We’re not ready” But here’s the truth: if scalability, bandwidth limitations or even VPN costs are a challenge for your businesses, you are already at the party. You just aren’t getting served, and you’re not having any fun. Rather than footing the costs and foregoing the benefits of cloud services, consider these seven benefits of the IDS Cloud Hub
- High Speed Connectivity: Connect directly and rapidly to hyperscale cloud services and SaaS providers.
- Increased Security: In bypassing the Internet, the IDS Cloud Hub architecture increases security and reliability.
- 80% Drop in Costs: Egress charges (data transfer out of the cloud) drop significantly because the IDS Cloud Hub requires only 20% of the typical costs of connecting and pushing traffic over a VPN.
- Load Balance Flexibility: Load balancing is easier and less expensive when access to several providers is broad and simple.
- Higher Performance: The IDS Cloud Hub delivers sub 5ms latency compared to traditional VPN services that require multiple hops through the Internet.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: While AWS has a 500M VPN limitation, IDS Cloud Hub can provide multiple 10Gb connections directly into AWS, Azure or any hyperscale cloud provider.
- Increased Enterprise Efficiency: With IDS Cloud Hub, businesses can leverage the same enterprise tools they use in the corporate data center for replication, snapshots, etc. in the public cloud.
Go from Cloud Wary to VIP Access
The transformation in how IT services are delivered is happening now. With IDS Cloud Hub, you don’t have to sit on the sidelines of innovation—a wallflower waiting for opportunity to ask you to dance. Instead, you can be at center of the party—a VIP with a direct, secure and high-speed connection to every cloud provider and tool in the market.
To see how the IDS Cloud Hub works and schedule an interactive workshop with our team, contact me to learn more.