What is an EMC/VMware Center of Excellence?
For several years, EMC and VMware have been working hand-in-hand to provide customers with solutions to drive costs out of the Data Center and provide the highest levels of performance and availability. Taking the next step to demonstrate their solutions for the virtual Data Center, EMC and VMware have teamed up with strategic Integrators to create eight Centers of Excellence across the United States. Integrated Data Storage is proud to be chosen as one of these Centers of Excellence and the first in the Midwest.
The IDS Center of Excellence is comprised of a Demo Center which showcases EMC and VMware’s leading technology solutions, and a staff of highly trained Engineers with field experience in the integrated solution offerings. The combination of VMware’s virtualization technology, EMC’s information infrastructure solutions, and IDS’s expertise in architecture and implementation create a unique opportunity for customers to see working implementations of the solutions they can use to increase the return on technology investments.
The Demo Center contains a full lab of EMC and VMware technologies including:
- VMware Virtual Infrastructure with VMotion, DRS, and VM HA
- EMC Celerra Unified Storage platform
- EMC Celerra Virtual Storage Appliance (VSA)
- EMC Replication Manager for application integrated snaps and clones
- Ontrack Power Controls for Exchange single-message restore
- VMware backup with EMC Avamar for source-based de-duplicated backups
- VMware backup with EMC Networker and Disk Library 3D 1500 for target-based de-duplicated backups
- Disaster Recovery using EMC Celerra Replicator and VMware Site Recovery Manager
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure with VMware View
- EMC Storage Viewer plug-in to view your EMC Storage through vCenter
With all of these technologies on display, customers can come in and witness how the solutions work in-person. Customers evaluating solutions for their virtual Data Center are encouraged to come in and test drive the technologies with the help of an IDS Engineer to see the EMC and VMware integration first-hand.