Are your end-users truly empowered?
Providing anywhere, anytime access to your end-users from any device is a great way to increase user satisfaction and productivity. Has your organization defined exactly how end-users should be empowered for this next-generation type of access? How do you deliver those capabilities without compromising security and exponentially increasing cost? Use an IDS End User Computing Assessment to get you on track and create a strategy for the future.
Use an IDS End User Computing Assessment to get you on track and create a strategy for the future.
What can the future look like?
With a properly defined strategy and the right technologies, you can achieve everything on this list and more:
- You’re good with BYOD and EFFS. Employees are empowered to bring their own devices and can access what they need from any device with no problem. File sharing and collaboration happen without a glitch.
- IT resources are centralized. The applications and data your end users access are centralized, so resources are easier to manage and operational costs are decreasing.
- Security is no worry. Access methods are totally secure via things like VPN, security access servers, and multi-factor authentication. Devices can be remotely wiped if they are lost or stolen.
- No issues with updates. Your virtual device infrastructure (VDI) makes updates easy and saves time for your support staff.
- No bottlenecks. Backend infrastructure is robust and supports boot storms, anti-virus, and Windows updates without a challenge.
- Happy end-users. Help tickets are down, productivity is up, and access to corporate resources happens without a problem.
An end user experience is only as good as the strategy behind it.
Guidance to a Complete Strategy
In the process of evaluating your end user computing experience there are dozens of key areas to focus on. IDS can successfully guide you through the pitfalls and obstacles using our IDS four-phase methodology. We’ll evaluate your existing infrastructure, help define your business requirements, and create a complete end-user computing strategy that helps your business move forward.
Technical Areas Included
- Current end-point management, monitoring, security and configuration settings
- Performance profile of existing desktops and laptops
- Your current application and desktop virtualization environment
- Mobile security, including mobile device management (MDM)
- Your user logon experience
- Access to applications, desktops and corporate resources
- Network connectivity and stability