It’s not about backup. It’s about recovery.
The focus of any effective data protection strategy doesn’t revolve around backup or replication, it centers around recovery. Defining what risks you would like to mitigate and what recovery scenarios are critical to your business is the foundation for deploying data protection solutions. Our Data Protection Assessment looks at the entire picture, and provides a data protection strategy, creating confidence that your data can be effectively recovered when you need it.
With our Data Protection Assessment, gain the confidence that your data can be effectively recovered when you need it.
Five data protection considerations.
Data protection is similar to insurance: you don’t appreciate it until you actually need it, and once you need it, it’s too late to change your coverage. That’s why it’s so important to have a solid data protection strategy that aligns with your business needs. Here are five things to consider:
- RPO and RTO requirements. When is the last time your business assessed the recovery point and recovery time objectives of critical applications? Many organizations are operating from policies that are over a decade old and may, or may not, still meet the requirements of the business.
- Application Tiering. Have you tiered your applications, providing a RPO and RTO to each tier that matches what is required by the business owners?
- Compliance alignment. Do your data protection policies and procedures align with your compliance team?
- Testing frequency. How successful was your last test? Or perhaps the better question is, when was the last time you tested your ability to recover your data?
- Cloud, replication or hybrid. Has the cloud been considered as an option to store your long-term backups offsite in a cost-effective manner?
We take data protection seriously.
Aligning Strategy & Requirements
At IDS, we take data protection seriously, and it’s one of our core competencies. Our team of consultants and engineers has decades of experience in data protection and recovery. From small environments to enterprise data centers, we can help align your data protection strategy to your business requirements and ensure that your next recovery is successful.
Our highly collaborative four-phase methodology is designed to assess the business needs and current policies and technologies with a focus on refining your data protection strategy. Gap identification, remediation, new technology integration, and recovery testing are just some of the areas of focus to help give your team a greater peace of mind.
- Increased reliability and data security
- Streamlined audits and compliance
- Faster and more dependable data recovery
- Time savings from automation tools
- Resources and dollars aligned with data tiers, priorities and values
- Repeatable testing procedures for data recovery